Friday, March 28, 2014

                         ARE YOU REALLY THAT STUPID????

          Have you ever met someone who has such a warped version of reality that you wonder if my chance that Jerry Garcia and Janis  Joplin somehow managed to have a love child AFTER they died? I saw someone today who managed to remind me why I have such a difficult tolerating most people. Not only was he a shining example of what not to do, he was proof that our welfare system needs to start drug testing people before they receive assistance, and do random drug tests (if people have to take them to get or maintain a job in the business world and you have chosen welfare as your job) I also believe that an IQ test should be given to assure that said recipient is, in fact more intelligent than the average toddler.  To be clear, I have no issue with someone getting help with food stamps or medical or whatever. What bothers me is when someone manages to stay on assistance for years and never has to grow up and get a job. Look here kiddies this is NOT NEVER LAND.  And the welfare system is not Peter Pan. When you are attempting to purchase alcohol with food stamps  (uhhhh stop making a scene you only look like a total douche)YOU HAVE A PROBLEM.  I know, let me guess.. You can not work because..... You have come from a dysfunctional family.  you suffer from PTSD( so does anyone who went to high school), you had a rotten childhood,( we only had cartoons on Saturdays) or my very favorite.... You deserve help because your Mom. Dad, Brother,Sister, Dog or whomever paid taxes. Guess what?? Everyone has.  Its called being responsible for yourself and making a living. I know, you feel entitled to do nothing more than to sit home doing nothing with their lives and get paid by the state to drink beer, play Xbox and text on your new I Phone, but some day you are going to need to do the unthinkable and get a job. Stop draining the system and do something with your life. Now if you are an illegal immigrant, STOP putting an unnecessary drain on an already depleted source. We need to take better care of our legal citizens and take care of our own. That also means that we should stop sending care to foreign countries and put the help where it belongs. Now I am NOT saying that any of the above mentioned conditions do not exist because they do. Our VETERANS who risked their lives to give you the ability to be a burden on society and now can barely afford to live  (allot of them do have PTSD) Dysfunctional family? Me too (and the majority of people I know came from one also so maybe it should be more like I came from a Functional family?) 

3 comments:

  1. Well said. I know that there are people who are honestly trying to get some help, as well as paying their taxes. This is just my opinion- but I think that there should be "vouchers", instead of "food stamps". Do you realize how much CRAP people can buy with food stamps! They can buy candy, energy drinks, even pizza from Papa Murphy's.... now, I'm not above judging because I did the SAME THING when I was receiving them. It is too tempting to have that kind if access! I think there needs to be a limit. Or something. Just my thoughts! Great first post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me be clear, I do not have an issue with people getting assistance, however attempting to purchase beer with food stamps is a bit much. What is next ? Using your food stamps for meth?

    ReplyDelete